For your body nourishment, you need to take care of it by checking your heath. To do this, you eat well and make sure you don’t miss a fruit in your diet. This is the same thing we need to nourish our spiritual life. We need the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Let’s bear the fruits as the following video illustrates.
The practice has brought a number of Health complications to girls and women. Let’s look at some of them:
- Complications during child birth. The scar brings reduction of elasticity of the birth canal. Labour becomes longer and more painful with each subsequent birth
- The hygiene during the procedure is compromised. Tools used are not sterilised between the procedure and this increases the chances of infection under exposure of HIV and AIDS
- Girls with poor immune system find it hard to resist the infection hence compromising their health
- Due to it’s confidenciallity, the girls are not allowed to access medical care should it be required.
- The excess bleeding brought about by the rapture of clitoris may make the girls anaemic.
In kenya, the FGM act 2010 by Fred Kapondi prohibates the act of FGM.
I am glad that you are following my posts. Want to participate in the discussion? Drop a comment.